Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Desert Star Backdrops / Finished!




















THEY ARE COMPLETE!!! I was hired by the Desert Star Theatre in Murray, Utah fo create 3 new back drops for their new production of Wizard of Odd. These images in their original state are 26' x 13' and fill the entire stage...they are huge. I created these images 100% in Photoshop CS3 and did a 1:1 ratio and reduced that in half to get a high res file that would look great for the printing. I taxed my little Mac Mini to it's limits and each file was close to 2 GB, so it took nearly 10 minutes to save each time. This was a really big project, I had only 3 and a half weeks and they all went through major changes and revisions...and as anyone knows I have very little time anyways with my million other projects so I would stay up till 12:00 or 1:00 in the morning a lot to get these done. I really had a good time doing them and feel my Photoshop knowledge is at a solid A game.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey handsome! How are you? It's Melissa of Raw Melissa. I finally updated my blog (I write on mine as much as you do) and I realized I never emailed you back. LOVE your work! I am greatly enjoying my prints you gave me and I love your backdrops. They are fascinating! Let me know when it's up so we can come see. Hope you're well. Always Love, Melissa